June 6, 2014
International conference with the title: “Copyright and the Digital Agenda for Europe: Current Regulations and Challenges for the Future”
The Ministry of Culture and Sports and the Hellenic Copyright Organization in light of the Hellenic Presidency of the EU are organizing an international conference with the title "Copyright and the Digital Agenda for Europe: Current Regulations and Challenges for the Future"
The conference will take place on Friday, June 6 2014 from 9:00 till 17:30 at Megaron Athens Concert Hall in Athens.
The purpose of the conference is to present the actions (legal or otherwise) that have taken place in the field of copyright and related rights, with special focus on the Digital Agenda for Europe and to discuss future challenges in this field.
- To view the programme of the Conference click here (the programme is likely to be modified before the Conference takes place).
- For information about Athens International Airport, Health and Safety, Athens and Greece Tourist Guides etc. you can visit the Hellenic Presidency website.
For the location of the Megaron Athens Concert Hall click here.
Registration until May 7th 2014.
You can download the presentations of the speakers of the conference by selecting the following links:
- Klaus-Peter Böttger, President, EBLIDA (European Bureau of Library, Information and Documentation Associations)
- Veronique Desbrosses, General Manager, GESAC (European Grouping of Societies of Authors and Composers)
- Mihaly Ficsor, Chairman of the Central and Eastern European Copyright Alliance (CEECA), Honorary President of the Hungarian Copyright Council and former Assistant Director General of WIPO
- Sylvie Forbin, Senior Vice President, Public and European Affairs, VIVENDI
- Marie-Christine Janssens, Professor, University of Leuven, Belgium
- Dionysia Kallinikou, Professor, Law School, National & Kapodistrian University of Athens
- Alfons Karabuda, President, ECSA (European Composer and Songwriter Alliance)
- Cédric Manara, Counsel, GOOGLE
- Alain Strowel, Professor, Saint-Louis University-Brussels and UCLouvain
October 22, 2013
Conference OPI - Google
October 16, 2013
Intellectual Property Rights: A general overview.
September 28 - 29, 2012
International Conference with the subject: "National Poilicies of Partnership on Copyright Enforcement on the Internet Between Rightholders and Internet Service Providers"
UNESCO, the Hellenic Ministry for Education and Religious Affairs, Culture and Sports and the Hellenic Copyright Organization are organizing an International Conference on “National Policies of Partnership on Copyright Enforcement on the Internet from Rightholders and Internet Service Providers”. The Conference will take place on Friday 28th and Saturday 29th September 2012 at the New Acropolis Museum (Athens, Greece).
The aim of the conference is the exchange of experiences among stakeholders (authors/rightholders, users of copyrighted works, collecting societies, internet service providers, national agencies etc.) on the national policies of cooperation between rightholders and internet service providers for the effective implementation of the law on copyright protection on the internet, that are applied in other countries. This conference will pinpoint the strengths and weaknesses of every solution taking into consideration the views of all stakeholders. Examples of national policies that will be presented are those of the U.S., France, Gr. Britain and Hungary. In addition, the views of relevant government agencies and other interested parties will be introduced. After the presentation of the above topics an open discussion will follow during which the advantages and disadvantages of each national system will be examined together with several other issues (personal data protection, communication security and privacy, effects of copyright infringement on the economy and society etc.)
In the foloowing links you can download the presentations of the speakers.
- Marie - Francoise Marais, President of the HADOPI
- Alain Strowel, Professor, Facultes Universitaires Saint-Louis, University of Louvain, Munich IP Law Centre, Attorney, Covington & Burling LLP, Brussels
- Z. Kazazaki, General Director of the Contemporary Culture, Min. of Education.Rel.Cul.Sp.
- E. Sfakianakis, Hellenic Police, Cyber Crime Subdivision
- Peter Labody, Head of International Copyright Unit, Intellectual Property Office of Hungary
- Th. Stamos, Company Lawyer IPR and e-business, Belgacom
- A. Broumas, Attorney at Law
- K. Vossos, Lawyer, D.E.A. Legal Counsel, EPOE
- N. Kyprouli, Lawyer, Dr. iur., DIONYSOS
- E. Roussou, Lawyer, Legal Counsel, AUTODIAXEIRISI
June 2 - 3, 2011
International EETT conference with the subject “Advanced Communication Infrastructures as a Cornerstone for Europe's Digital Agenda”
The Hellenic Copyright Organization participated in the 6th International Conference of the Hellenic Telecommunications and Post Commission “Advanced Communication Infrastructures as a Cornerstone for Europe's Digital Agenda”.
March 9, 2011
Seminar with the subject “Copyright, Authors and Translators: what changes in the digital environment”.
The Hellenic Copyright Organization in cooperation with EKEBI and the Hellenic Authors Society organized a seminar with the subject “Copyright, Authors and Translators: what changes in the digital environment”.
October 21, 2010
Seminar for the Protection of Products from Counterfeiting
The Hellenic Copyright Organization participated in a specialized seminar for the Protection of Products from counterfeiting that was organized by the Industrial Property Organization and the Association of Industries of Northern Greece. The seminar was addressed to medium sized enterprises.
June 15, 2010
Conference with the subject "IP Protect for SMEs and Start-Ups".
The Hellenic Copyright Organization participated in the first conference of the IPR Protect project with the subject “IP Protect for SMEs and Start-UPS”. Its representatives presented a report with the subject “The Use of GPL licenses in software development”.
May 27, 2010
Seminar with the subject “Intellectual Property Rights in Medium Sized Enterprises
The Hellenic Copyright Organization participated in the seminar “Intellectual Property Rights in Medium Sized Enterprises – Means and Tools for their Enforcement” that was organized in the framework of the European Program IPeuropAware.
April 15, 2010
Conference on the Enforcement of Rights for Plant Varieties
The Hellenic Copyright Organization presented the topic “Measures against the infringement of intellectual property rights in Greece” at a conference for the Enforcement of Rights for Plant Varieties that was organized in Athens by the Community Plant Variety Office (CPVO) and the Ministry for Rural Development.